Molecular Sieves, also called mol sieve or zeolite, is composed of crystalline aluminosilicate with a SiO2: AI202 ratio of 2:1. They are highly porous structures that are used to separate and adsorb molecules based on their size and polarity. We supply different types due to varying pore openings from cross-linking AIO4 and SiO4.
Efficient Moisture Control
Molecular sieves are a desiccant with small pores or channels that selectively adsorb molecules based on size and polarity. It removes specific molecules from mixtures, particularly in purifying gases or liquids. They can be used in petrochemical, pharmaceutical, and natural gas processing industries.
The desiccant allows smaller molecules to pass through while capturing larger or undesired molecules. They can be used for drying gases or liquids by adsorbing water molecules to reduce moisture content. They also separate different components of gas mixtures, such as removing carbon dioxide or other impurities from natural gas.
Versatile Dehydration Agent
The moisture absorbers can absorb up to 22% of their weight and can be used in filtration systems or as desiccant sachets to reduce humidity levels. They can handle high temperatures, up to 300°C, making them suitable for machinery applications.
We supply molecular sieves desiccants in various forms and specifications to meet industry needs. All our molecular sieves are subjected to rigorous testing in our QA laboratory, adhering to ISO 9001 certification guidelines.
- Captures molecules based on size and polarity
- Removes specific compounds from gases and liquids
- Available in diverse varieties for various applications
- Absorbs water molecules to reduce the moisture content
- Removes impurities like CO2 from gas mixtures
- Capable of holding up to 22% of own weight
- Functions at temperatures up to 300°C
- Can be restored by heating after moisture exposure
- Offered as spheres, pellets, and powders
- Used in petrochemical, pharmaceutical, and more
- Mesh size: 8-12, 4-8, or 3-5
- Bulk density: 0.65-0.75 g/cm3
- Pore volume: 0.28-0.30 cm3/g
- Adsorption capacity: >20% by weight
- Water content: <1% by weight
- Size: typically in the form of small beads or pellets
- Chemical composition: typically composed of alumina and silica tetrahedra
- Regeneration temperature: typically 200-350°C for desorption of adsorbed molecules
- Type 3A: Used for drying and purifying gases and liquids with a polar nature, such as ethanol, methanol, and natural gas
- Type 4A: Effective in removing water and carbon dioxide from natural gas, air, and other gases and liquids
- Type 5A: Used for the separation of gases and liquids with a molecular diameter of up to 5 Angstrom, such as nitrogen and oxygen
- Type 13X: Used for the adsorption of larger molecules, such as water, carbon dioxide, and hydrocarbons, in natural gas and petroleum industries
- Type 10X: Ideal for the removal of impurities from the air, such as carbon dioxide, water, and nitrogen
- Type LSX: For separating light gases, such as helium, hydrogen, and carbon monoxide
Molecular Sieve Product Brochure: Download