The VCI Masking Film is an adhesive, pressure-sensitive, corrosion inhibitor film that functions as an alternative to typical protective packaging to protect metal surfaces that cannot be packaged with VCI Paper or Film from corrosion causing elements. When applied, the film adheres firmly to the metal surfaces and can be removed cleanly without leaving any residue trace.
To use the VCI Masking Film, apply it directly to a clean and dry metal surface. The bluish transparent film is made with durable, water-based acrylic that is odourless, non-toxic, lightweight, and safe. The VCI Masking Film can withstand roll forming, bending, cutting, and stamping, making it a go-to choice for use in metal fabrications, metal service centres, doors, trim works, heavy-duty industrial equipment, and machines that are stored indoors. They can be applied to:
- Precision and machined metal surfaces
- Polished Surfaces
- Speciality finishes that need to remain flawless
- Protects metal surfaces from scratches, marring, and corrosion
- Designed to provide temporary protection to exposed metal surfaces during manufacture, storage, and transit
- The transparent and robust film can protect metal against defects and prevents corrosion for up to 6 months when used indoors
WHEN TO USE IT?
- Metal surfaces need to remain corrosion-free and flawless until ready for use.
- Metals that require protection from defects during manufacturing or fabrication
- When it is impractical to remove, repaint and rework imperfections manually
- The quality of the finished part plays an essential role in the quality of a system
- Multi-metal VCI protection
- Reduce rejects due to surface damage and corrosion
- Lightweight, odourless, safe, and easy to handle
- Water-based, pressure-sensitive adhesive system
- Clean peel film; leaves no residue on the metal surface
- Withstands bending, cutting, and forming operations
- Transparent film permits inspection
- Available in rolls up to 80″ wide